Páginas

terça-feira, 4 de junho de 2013

Muito e Muitos, como dizer?



Teacher, como eu digo muito ou muitos no inglês?

Hello folks! In English we have some words that mean “muito/muitos”. There are a couple of them, and that’s why sometimes the students get confused about how using them! So, Let’s Check!

[Olá pessoal! Em inglês nós temos algumas palavras que significam “muito/muitos”. Por existirem mais do que uma palavra as vezes o estudante se confunde sobre como usar elas! Vamos ver!]


VERY, is a word that we only use before adjectives and adverbs!
[Very, é uma palavra que usamos apenas antes de adjetivos ou advérbios]


My sister is very beautiful!
This car is very expensive
Your son is very smart
He is a very good chef
They play the guitar very well


MUCH is used with uncountable nouns!

[Much é usado com substantivos incontáveis]


I have much sugar in my coffee.
I don’t have much time, say it fast!
I don’t want much cake, just a little piece!





MANY we use with countable nouns!
[MANY nós usamos com substantivos contáveis]


I have many cars!
My son has many toys
His house has many windows
She has many pets



A LOT OF is used for countable and uncountable nouns!
[A LOT OF é usado para substantivos contáveis e incontáveis]


I have  a lot f cars
She put a lot of sugar in my coffee
They use a lot of computers there
She has a lot of love to give





A LOT is used as an intensifier of the verb
[A LOT é usado como intensificador do verbo!]


I have to work a lot
She like my parents a lot 

I hope, I have helped you!
Espero ter ajudado! 

See ya next time!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário