Páginas

terça-feira, 16 de julho de 2013

Alone x By Myself



Teacher, what’s the difference between “alone” and “by myself”?

Hey guys, how are you?
Here we are again! Basically the difference is:
When you say:

I’m home by myself” or “I’m home alone” These sentences have the same meaning! There is no difference! Both sentences mean that there is no one with you at home!
 
BUT, when you say:
“I did my homework by myself” – You did your homework without anyone’s help
“I did my homework alone”- It means, that nobody was with you when you did your homework!

Just be careful! When you change the the person!
Ex: I did my homework by myself.
      You drove to São Paulo by yourself 
       She studies English by herself
       He plays videogames by himself
       We like to eat by ourselves
       They like to live by themselves  

You can use "alone" for any person (I, you, he, she, it, they, we) without changing the word!
See ya guys!




Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário